Wednesday, February 18, 2009

 

EcoQuest Dealers Selling Air Purifiers

EcoQuest Air Purifiers

John Ellsworth was feeling trapped in his job. After 17 years as a branch manager at a manufacturing company, hostile management took over. He was in his fifties and knew he was "on the way out the door. I was an overpaid, over-aged executive," John says.
"I was miserable," he says. "I made the decision that I had to leave my job. I had no control over my life. I couldn't handle it anymore." That's when he met Kellie Alderton, who introduced him to the EcoQuest Opportunity.

John and his wife, Marcy, were living in Medina, Ohio, at the time. John continued to work full time while he pursued his home business on a part-time basis. It wasn't easy those first six months, and John wondered if the Opportunity was right for him.

"I thought I knew how to communicate with people and knew how to operate and run a business until I got my own business," John says. John and Marcy had both fallen in love with the products, so that wasn't the problem.

In spite of a love for the technology and highly inspirational trips to Success Institutes in Greeneville, the Ellsworths' home business was not getting off the ground. After six months - in spite of Kellie's encouragement not to give up or get discouraged - John did some soul searching.
"That's when I realized that it's not just what you do, but what you inspire others to do," says John. "It took me a while to learn how to work with people and inspire them. A light bulb went on."

John credits his turnaround to personal development. "I didn't put much emphasis on personal development in the beginning," John says. "I learned that you simply cannot inspire people beyond where you are. If you are low, you will have a tough time finding people who want to work with you."

One of John's favorite authors is John Maxwell, who teaches the Law of the Lid - the principle that leadership ability is the lid that determines a person's level of effectiveness. At that six-month point, John changed himself, his thought patterns, and his processes, he says. After listening to a Scott Frenzel workshop on goal setting, John and Marcy set their goals for the next five years.

"I was listening to Scott's workshop and all of a sudden, my whole life changed," says John. "I wrote my goals. I had a clear vision. I knew what I had to do."

And things started changing as John began to build himself back up with personal development techniques. "My business really took off. But more importantly, I learned that I never had any confidence in myself. I regained my confidence in my mid-fifties and finally learned to accept myself. What I learned through this process with EcoQuest is something I would never give up. This is more than a business."

One of the goals in the Ellsworths' five-year plan was to choose a place to live and set up for their retirement. Because of EcoQuest, they were able to complete that goal. "In that period, we bought land in Tellico Village in Loudon, Tennessee," says John. "Five years later we moved down. We rented while we built our new home."

These goals were met because John and Marcy followed a proven process that includes sharing the product, sharing the opportunity, and personal development, he says. "Never, ever overlook personal development. Start believing in yourself. Believe in the people you work for and who work for you. And follow the process - it works!"

EcoQuest helped John and Marcy build a successful business and a new home on the lake. John bought a sailboat for that lake. And instead of slaving away in a hostile environment in the corporate world, he sits in his sailboat to make his company calls.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?