Monday, December 10, 2007

 

Inspiring EcoQuest Business Testimony

You’d be hard-pressed to find someone who loves their EcoQuest business more than Allan Anderson. But perhaps what he treasures most about his business is what it has allowed him to be during tough times.

Life can spring some big surprises on us. Imagine waking up one morning and your youngest daughter telling you she can’t see. Well, that is precisely what Allan and Lydia Anderson‘s daughter told them one fateful morning in 2005. “It was very frightening for her and for us because we didn’t understand what was happening,” Allan explains. “It took some time but we finally learned she had a rare disease that affected her optical nerves.”

Jessica has regained most of her vision now, but it was through a slow rehabilitative process. “We had to make adjustments, but with the beauty of residual income from our EcoQuest business, I got to be her daddy full time during this period,” Allan expresses. When asked how she is doing today, he shares that she is back at college and that “she toughened up with this curve ball.”

Back in the Saddle

With a new appreciation for his business and a renewed sense of purpose, Allan answered the call to action when EcoQuest posted the Top 100 Business Owners on target for the Pinnacle incentive. “I was pleased and embarrassed at the same time when I noted that we were #70. For the following weeks I did some of my best goal setting ever. I worked my business decidedly and with added fervor and before long, we were in the top 20.” Allan adds, “I hope this doesn’t sound boastful, but I have to say that I was proud of me – I set out to do it, worked hard and got there.”

Certain Habits

“I feel certain that my morning ritual and other habits I have adopted over the years help to keep me on track and maximize my chances for success everyday,” Allan explains.

His morning ritual consists of:

Being Grateful – He emphatically says the first thing he does every morning is simply be grateful for everything he has – his wife, kids, grandkids, pets, EcoQuest, friends, etc.
Exercise – Allan walks with his faithful dog, “Rocky” around 3 miles everyday.

Reading – He reads an average of a book per week.

Starts Work Early – Allan takes about 30 minutes to plan and organize himself and he makes “a conscious choice to make it a good day everyday,” he says.

“EcoQuest is my business; it’s part of who I am now. I don’t really see it as work. I’m self-motivated because it enables me to be all the things that are important to me – a better dad, a better husband, and a better friend,” Allan says proudly.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?